The JDY Wellness Hour
At Jessica Dewar Yoga, we are thrilled to announce the new JDY Wellness Hour. Where guest speaker’s present monthly talks on health, wellness and sustainable living.
According to the Department of Health, there is enormous growth in chronic disease and we are neglecting to consider how this will impact our lives as we age. The most disturbing part is much of the illness we are seeing today is avoidable with just a few lifestyle changes.
With the increase in social media it seems almost everyone has an opinion today on what it means to be healthy. One of the toughest challenges therefore, becomes knowing where to turn for quality, expert advice and support.
Our Goals Are To:
- Educate the public about health and wellness and provide useful tools and resources to promote healthy living.
- Cultivate a community of healthy living. Physically, emotionally and spiritually.
- Provide a platform for health and wellness experts to promote themselves by sharing their knowledge and expertise with the local community.
- When: The last Wednesday of every month at 6.00pm, commencing May 2017
- Fee: FREE. Donations are accepted should you feel so inclined but not expected. Registration essential due to limited spaces.
- What to wear: Casual, comfy clothing (we will be sitting on the floor).
Nominate or apply to be a speaker
Anyone can apply to be a speaker. This is a great opportunity for speakers to:
- Get in front of a new audience
- Gain credibility and publicity by positioning yourself as an expert in the field
- Opportunity to improve referrals for business
- Be affiliated with an organisation that is for social good
- Promotion via the Jessica Dewar Yoga website and social media platforms
Talks must fit within one of the following categories:
- Health & Wellbeing: Nutrition, healing, prevention, chronic disease. Educate others about how to improve their health and overall wellbeing.
- Lifestyle: Healthy eating, meditation, mindfulness, sleep, travel, style.
- Leadership Development: Teach others how to improve their leadership skills, boost confidence or develop a more positive self-image.
- Going Green: Share creative and sustainable efforts that protect our environment or raise awareness of environmental issues.