Yoga for Teenagers
A joyful, safe place of acceptance, bringing improved concentration, reduced stress and increased self confidence in teens
Yoga for teens is a powerful tool for self-exploration and awareness. Many changes are taking place at this age and yoga positively supports this transition. A regular yoga practice during these years can help to balance the body's chemistry and physiology and it will benefit the mind, body and soul.
Yoga helps teenagers deal with changing emotions, as well as physically nurturing the body's flexibility. It provides a safe, secure, non-competitive environment, a space of deep acceptance where diversity is valued and encouraged. It helps to build self-confidence and offers a framework for teens to see positive shifts, without the pressure of needing to change. It is a joyful space to 'be' and a chance for much needed relaxation. The yoga class is a wonderful platform for teens to work on self-acceptance, self-love and to generally make positive changes in their lives.
This is the perfect age to reap the incredible benefits of yoga, which happen on a physical, emotional and mental level.
- recharges the immune system
- supports the respiratory and circulatory systems
- maintains flexibility and joint mobility
- prevents sports injury
- develops good posture
- tones the body and stabilises core muscles
- improves coordination and balance
- encourages healthy sleep patterns
Emotional & Mental Benefits
- improves concentration and energy levels
- reduces stress and anxiety
- encourages a positive relationship with the body
- releases anxiety and feelings of negativity
- brings clarity and calm through relaxation and meditation techniques
- enhances stillness of mind
- improves memory retention
- creates a deeper sense of self awareness
- encourages creativity, self expression and self confidence